Monday, September 26, 2011

And all of a sudden, it's fall

This weekend I was lucky enough to see a lot of people I hadn't seen in ages!! I spent Thursday in Friday in Downers Grove relaxing with my parents and hanging with some high school friends, and Saturday I went to Iowa City for a wedding and saw some college friends! It was a much needed trip.

My SAI sister and former co-worker at the Arc, Kait Skaggs (!!) got married Saturday at the Riverside Fesitval Stage, a round theater in City Park used mostly for Shakespeare. The weather held out until almost immediately when the reception line finished! The ceremony was beautiful, and it was so clear how in love Kait and Ed are, it was really beautiful.


The reception following was at the Sheraton where I used to work- so it was really nice to see the other side! After the reception we all went out and I got to see even more old friends, it was lovely! 

Sunday I drove back up to Minneapolis. It was a rough drive, and I figured out when I got home that it had been so rough because I had a fever! Too little sleep! I killed it pretty quickly with a liter of Pellegrino and a nap and a Stella, who was SO happy to see me.


Since I've been gone for four days, it became fall! The ivy on my 1920s building is turning red, there are leaves on the ground, and an yellow tree right outside my kitchen window. It's still 70 degrees, but that's okay with me.



I haven't gotten any further on my book list, probably because I've been watching DAMAGES! I'm obsessed. Luckily there are only two more episodes for me to watch on Netflix, then I can get back to reading. Seriously, great show.

No comments:

Post a Comment