Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Weeks 3-5

It's been much too long since I've posted! Let's just say I've been distracted...

Not to sound too much like a broken record, but I adore internship. I adore the incredibly kind people on the hospice team, my three supervising MTs, my three co-interns, all the clients we work with, the check out people in the cafeteria....

A few highlights:
1. Julie and I co-lead a hospice session with a new pt. At rounds the next week her nurse and social worker were talking about how they hadn't even seen the pt. open her eyes, and I got to chime in that when she had music therapy she had her eyes open almost the whole time.
2. Julie and I co-lead an impromptu vocalization group at Struthers, with virtually no planning. And it went really really well!! We got some good stories out of two clients in particular who rarely say more than yes/no.
3. I've seen my very favorite 103 year old another two times. Yesterday she spent about two minutes thanking me for "coming to see an old lady" and jabbering about how much she likes to sing, and likes where she lives, and likes when we visit....etc.

On Thursday I get to lead my first music appreciation group at Struthers, so I'm planning tonight!

I really feel so lucky to get to spend every day around people who show me how good people can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment