Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Week 2 pt.1

I've only had two days this week, and it's already been amazing!! Today I had the gift of being able to visit three hospice patients in their homes with Dawn. I really saw the gamut of hospice patients from alert and tapping her foot to actively dying. What was really a gift was seeing how wonderfully the hospice team treats each individual patient. All the staff I've seen are patient, kind, and go out of their way to meet the needs of not only the patient, but the whole family. All three patients we saw today had multiple loving and supporting family members with them, it was a great experience.

The last patient we saw held my hand and told me that music therapy had made a huge difference in his life.


I'd like to end with a beautiful piece we're recording tomorrow night in the Basilica of St. Mary! www.mary.org



No comments:

Post a Comment