Friday, October 14, 2011

Catch-22

I have somewhat given up on Ulysses. I feel like a failure. I will try to keep pushing.... and keep reading.... once I get some motivation.

So now I've started Catch-22! And it's SO MUCH EASIER TO READ! And actually makes me laugh, along with confusing me parts of the time. I think a lot of the time when I'm confused it's because Heller is satirizing things about the military that I'm unfamiliar with. Or maybe I'm being too narrow and he's just using the military to satirize the US during WWII. I often feel with certain older books that maybe because I'm so removed from the time period there are things I just won't catch. But I guess maybe I'll try the Cliff Notes for this one too! Just to make sure I get the most out of it.

Last week I had a lovely visit with my Dad! Here are some picture highlights.
















No comments:

Post a Comment